Employment Opportunities at BCSPlease submit an online application using the WNYRIC Applicant Tracking System via the link below:Please remember to upload the documents required according to the position you are applying to. Generally, they will include:
- Letter of Interest addressed to: Jacob L. Reimer, Superintendent of Schools, Barker Central School District, 1628 Quaker road, Barker NY 14012
- Three references
- Certifications/Transcripts/Licenses as applicable
Listed below are our general hiring practices/process:
- After the application deadline, we will screen applications. You will be contacted by phone only if you are selected for an initial screening interview. Initial screening interviews are generally granted to a minimum of five (5) candidates, depending on the circumstances. Generally, interviews take place within two weeks of the close of applications. If you are not selected for the initial screening interview, you will not hear from us. Please do not call about your status.
- A committee will conduct the initial screening interview. The committee may consist of teachers, non-instructional staff, a parent, Board member, and an administrator.
- Generally, three (3) candidates will be selected from the initial screening interviews and will be invited back to participate in a semi-final interview with one or more building principals, or designated administrator(s). This interview may include teaching a lesson, doing writing samples, or additional job-related samples appropriate to the position. Reference checks will be conducted on candidates selected for semi-final interviews.
- The building principal, or designated administrator, will rank final candidates and make a recommendation to the Superintendent of Schools. The Superintendent will conduct final interviews until a satisfactory candidate is selected.
- A phone call or letter will contact candidates who are not selected for final interviews, depending on the circumstances.
- The candidate(s) who will be recommended to the Board of Education by the Superintendent will be required to implement a pre-employment agreement.
- Candidates who apply for a position in the Barker Central School District must reapply for each vacancy. If you are not selected for a position at this time, please consider reapplying.
- All applications will be held on file for one (1) year.
BARKER CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Last Modified on January 6, 2023