PRINCIPAL - LETTER TO COMMUNITY
Dear Barker Central School Community,
Welcome back to a new academic year at Barker! I am thrilled to join this wonderful community as we embark on an exciting new academic year. As we begin this journey together, I want to express my deep enthusiasm and commitment to creating a nurturing and inclusive learning environment where each child can flourish and thrive. Our school is not just a place of education; it is a home away from home, a place where we grow, learn, and build cherished memories together.
I am eager to work hand in hand with our dedicated and talented team of educators to provide your children with the best possible educational experience. We believe that every student is unique and possesses endless potential. Through personalized teaching methods, hands-on activities, and engaging lessons, we will inspire a love for learning that lasts a lifetime.
At Pratt Elementary, we believe in fostering a culture of kindness, respect, and empathy. We value diversity and strive to create an environment where every child feels valued, safe, and supported. Throughout the year, we will celebrate achievements, both big and small, and encourage our young learners to explore their passions and interests. Our school will be buzzing with exciting events, sports activities, creativity, and interactive learning experiences that will leave a lasting impression on our students' hearts and minds.
Parents and guardians, your involvement and support are invaluable to us. Together, we can build a strong community that empowers our children to dream big and reach for the stars!
There are a few important dates to share with you as we prepare for the 2023-2024 school year:
- Pre-K Screenings will occur on Tuesday, August 22nd, and Wednesday, August 23rd from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Pratt Elementary.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten Meet the Teacher Day will be held on Thursday, August 31st from 1:00 to 2:30 PM. This will allow our littlest learners and their families to meet the teachers, drop off supplies, see the classroom, and get acquainted with the Pre-K and Kindergarten expectations.
- Welcome Back Night for students in grades 1-6 will be on Tuesday, September 5th from 5:30 to 7:00 PM. This will allow students and their families to meet the teachers, drop off supplies, and become familiar with the expectations of the upcoming school year.
- The first day of school is Wednesday, September 6th for all students. We cannot wait to see you soon!
I am thrilled to be a part of this vibrant and caring team, and I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you. Let’s make this academic year one of laughter, growth, and discovery! Please feel free to contact me at any time!
Additionally - please connect with the other members of our leadership/support team for any needs:
- Mr. Chris Cornwell, Coordinator of Curriculum & Professional Learning/Assistant Principal - email@example.com
- Ms. Shelly Kordish, Director of Instructional Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Sara Thibault, Instructional Support Specialist - email@example.com
- Mrs. Allison Finitz, PK-6 Guidance Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Micaela M. Love
(716) 795-3832 ext. 4404