Principal - Letter to Community
Hello Barker Families and Students,
We are quickly approaching the end of the school year, and we are pleased to announce that our activities, programs and events are fully back in effect. We wanted to take this time to remind or update families on a few specific items as we approach the busiest time of the school year.
1. Our graduation ceremony will be held on Saturday, June 25th at 9:30 AM in our auditorium. Letters have gone out to students with information regarding tickets and other details. We plan to announce other end of year events for our seniors in the coming weeks, so please be on the lookout for further communication. If any families or students have questions, please contact the main office at 716-795-3000.
2. Our traditional End of Year Elementary Moving Up Day will also be occurring, incorporating a few additional activities for our kids we have implemented over the past years. Further information on date and time will come out soon.
3. Our Music Department has been conducting full-scale band and choral concerts here on campus. It is amazing how much students have persevered and grown despite the challenges to this type of instruction over previous school years. Please check the District website for more upcoming events. Also, thank you to everyone who came out to support both of our musicals: Little Women and Annie. Our students and faculty did amazing work with both of these productions.
4. The District is also planning a full-campus safety evacuation drill for May. Specifics about the drill are sent to families in a separate letter.
5. Our teachers have been hard at work ensuring all of our students are prepared for the end of the year. This includes Regents Exams at the high school level, as well as state and benchmark assessments at the elementary and middle levels. If you have any questions regarding academics, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you again for your continued support of the school. Please reach out if we are ever able to assist with anything.