Employment Opportunities at BCSPersons interested in employment opportunities at Barker Central Schools should follow the instructions below and submit all information to this address:
Barker Central Schools
1628 Quaker Road
Barker, New York 14012Fax: (716) 795-3394DIRECTIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS
- Forward a current resume with a cover letter and completed application.
- Arrange to have your college or university placement office forward your confidential references and credential file (including transcripts, for teaching applications) to us.
- Include a copy of your certifications.
Listed below are our general hiring practices/process:
- After the application deadline we will screen applications. You will be contacted by phone only if you are selected for an initial screening interview. Initial screening interviews are generally granted to a minimum of five (5) candidates, depending on the circumstances. Generally, interviews take place within two weeks of the close of applications. If you are not selected for the initial screening interview, you will not hear from us. Please do not call about your status.
- A committee will conduct the initial screening interview. The committee may consist of teachers, non-instructional staff, a parent, Board member, and an administrator.
- Generally, three (3) candidates will be selected from the initial screening interviews and will be invited back to participate in a semi-final interview with one or more building principals, or designated administrator(s). This interview may include teaching a lesson, doing writing samples, or additional job related samples appropriate to the position. Reference checks will be conducted on candidates selected for semi-final interviews.
- The building principal, or designated administrator, will rank final candidates and make a recommendation to the Superintendent of Schools. The Superintendent will conduct final interviews until a satisfactory candidate is selected.
- A phone call or letter will contact candidates who are not selected for final interviews, depending on the circumstances.
- The candidate(s) who will be recommended to the Board of Education by the Superintendent will be required to implement a pre-employment agreement.
- Candidates who apply for a position in the Barker Central School District must reapply for each vacancy. If you are not selected for a position at this time, please consider reapplying.
- All applications will be held on file for one (1) year.
BARKER CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERPlease complete the Application for a Certified Position if you are applying for a Teaching/Teacher Assistant position.Please complete the Application for a Classified Position if you are applying for any other position.You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to download an application. You can download it for free from:
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Last Modified on September 18, 2017